Welcome back to Tribal Apocalypse!
Table of Contents
- Last Week on Tribal Apocalypse...
- The High Price of Winning
- Announcement Time!
- What's Next
Check the full archive for the "Diaries of the Apocalypse" series
THOUGHTS OF A TRIBAL HOST
So, Modern Tribal Wars is coming to Tribal Apocalypse! You've been asking for it (well, some of you've been asking for it) for years, and I was skeptical, but all things considered, it might be a good format, one that could even bring more players to our event. And ruling is pretty simple: the card pool is Modern, everything banned in Modern is banned, plus it's tribal, and everything banned (or restricted to tribe) in Regular events applies as well. I'm not sure all the restrictions of stuff like Griselbrand and Iona to their tribes only matter a lot in Modern, since there's not a great deal of fast reanimation tricks there, but better safe than sorry.
By the way, the Modern Times PRE is every Thursday at 7 PM UTC!
LAST WEEK ON TRIBAL APOCALYPSE...
- Event Number: 6.45, Week 306 BE
- Date: November 12
- Attendance: 15
- Rounds: 3
- Subformat: Regular
- Winner: Sedat3D (Eldrazi)
- Other undefeated: littlefield (Human)
- 1 Loss: Socanelas (Shaman), Yokai_ (Shaman), GotThisForSOI (Vampire), AEFabricio (Human), csrrcr (Sliver), totalhate (Wall)
- Underdog Prize: Golden_Lin (Kobold)
- Tribes: Eldrazi, Goblin, Human (x4), Imp, Kobold, Lhurgoyf, Shaman (x2), Sliver, Vampire, Wall, Zombie
- Event link (with all players, pairings, standings, decks, and results): here it is
New players are stealing the thunder of our old glories lately. Please welcome Colorado resident Sedat3D and Rhode Island resident GotThisForSOI, the former immediately climbing to the top thanks to this Eldrazi deck, while the latter ended in the money with the Vampire build you'll find right after.
And then we got Kobolds. Now, we don't get Kobolds every week, nor every year, so let's celebrate Golden_Lin's idea of getting us some Kobolds.
THE HIGH PRICE OF WINNING
Here's the prices of all the featured decks, courtesy of the amazing Deck Pricer from mtgGoldfish (MTGO Traders prices as of November 18, 2016):
The Top 10 Cheapest Decks that Went Undefeated
- mihahitlor's Warriors, $1.95, 1st place on Event 233
- morpphling's Vampires, $2.25, 1st place on Event 285
- morpphling's Goblins, $2.35, 2nd place on Event 102
- JogandoPelado's Berserkers, $2.80, 1st place on Event 248
- Gq1rf7's Goblins, $3.32, 1st place on Event 154
- MisterMojoRising's Insects, $3.55, 2nd place on Event 201
- Gq1rf7's Goblins, $3.58, 1st place on Event 169
- Gq1rf7's Goblins, $3.70, 1st place on Event 145
- Gq1rf7's Goblins, $4.12, 2nd place on Event 141
- Gq1rf7's Assassins, $4.18, 1st place on Event 147
NOTE: not adjusted to current prices; data collected since Event 85. A separate non-Goblin Top 10 is in preparation.
Just to remind you of a few things:
The Ishkanah Prize: The first player to win a match with a Spider deck by activating Ishkanah's lifedraining ability for a lethal strike of at least 4 damage, will get a 3-tix credit certificate from MTGO Traders. Spider lovers, or simply ticket lovers, start building!
The Underdog Prize: During any event of the regular rotation (but not during the one-time special events), all players who are running an Underdog Tribe are eligible for a 1-tix credit certificate from MTGO Traders. The tie-breakers are first the number of Underdog categories (for instance, a tribe that's simultaneously Endangered and Unhallowed will take the prize over one that's only Endangered), then the points achieved in the final standings. During Underdog events, only the True Underdog tribes are rewarded (those are the tribes belonging to all three categories of Underdog at once).
The Up-and-Coming Prize: When a tribe wins an event for the first time ever (losing Unhallowed status), its pilot will get a 3-tix certificate from MTGO Traders.
The Hamtastic Award: The Biodiversity Prize dedicated to the memory of Erik Friborg has started the fourth quarter of 2016. The quarter will end December 24. By that date, the player or players who registered the greatest number of different tribes (except Human, Elf and Goblin) will get a 5-tix certificate from MTGO Traders. Next year, the rules of the contest will change.
The Top Players Lockout: Every time a Top Player (either a Google Era Top 8, an Ultimate Champion/Tribal Player of the Year, or a seasonal Top 8) will end undefeated, they will not be allowed to register the same tribe and deck again for 5 events (i.e. they'll have to register a different deck or decks 5 times before coming back to the undefeated one). With "deck" is meant a specific, recognizable archetype (e.g. Wall-Drazi), which in some case will be linked to a specific combo card (e.g. Helm of Obedience). A list of the current lockouts is maintained here.
Wanna test your deck? Tell us when you're online, and look who else is there and when! All of this here!
The upcoming Tribal Apocalypse events of the Blippian Era (every Saturday at 17:00 GMT):
- 6.46 (Week 307 BE), on November 19: Modern
- 6.47 (Week 308 BE), on November 26: Regular
- 6.48 (Week 309 BE), on December 3: Underdog
- 6.49 (Week 310 BE), on December 10: Regular
Check out all the rules for the sub-formats!
Check out the full Tribal Calendar for 2016!
SEE YOU ALL IN THE TRIBAL ROOM!