JXClaytor's picture
By: JXClaytor, Joshua Claytor
Nov 04 2014 12:00pm

Things are different this week.  I have presented the draft in a visual form, as seen below and after that have presented it in video form as well.  I hope this works better for you all.  Writing a few words between picks so long after the fact did not feel right to me, so the draft was of course recorded live.

This is also my first 8-4 in what felt like forever.  I normally stick to 4322 events because I guess I like winning something, but since this is a learning series, moving on to 8-4 events seems right.  I am going to lose a lot, but I feel like taking my lumps here and there will be better for me than losing in a 4322.

It should force me to draft tighter, take fewer chances and follow the flow of the draft instead of just taking whatever.  It should force me to be as disciplined as possible because losing in the second round is not a sustainable way to continue drafting!

With that said, let's take a look at today's draft!

Pack 1 pick 1:

Pack 3 pick 11:

Pack 3 pick 12:

Pack 3 pick 13:

Pack 3 pick 14:

Pack 3 pick 15:

My Pick:

This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!

And here is the draft in video form:

Here is the deck that I played.

The draft is out of the way, the deck is out of the way, let's take a look at some game play now!

We will be back next week with another Khans of Tarkir 8-4 draft, hopefully going one step further than we did this week!

Thanks for watching, and if you disagree with any of my picks feel free to let me know in the comments!

Joshua

Nice Draft Josh - but my by Clan Magic Eternal at Tue, 11/04/2014 - 16:55
Clan Magic Eternal's picture

Nice Draft Josh - but my biggest gripe is p1p1. The only card I am taking over the best UC in the set is a big $ rare.

Why did you pick icy blast over it?

Z

I think Icy Blast is one of by JXClaytor at Wed, 11/05/2014 - 00:27
JXClaytor's picture

I think Icy Blast is one of the best cards in the set and is severely underrated. I rate it very highly, it's a fog, it can be a time walk, it's a spell that when I cast it I feel like I am winning the game.

I would of taken Icy Blast by grapplingfarang at Wed, 11/05/2014 - 12:48
grapplingfarang's picture

I would of taken Icy Blast there too, I think I would of gone Swiftspear with next pick and veered into Jeskai after that though.

I can see that, I just hate by JXClaytor at Thu, 11/06/2014 - 09:41
JXClaytor's picture

I can see that, I just hate swiftspear so much. Prowess seems to high risk for me

This enables you to buy as by winner at Sat, 11/29/2014 - 01:11
winner's picture

This enables you to buy as different a backpack as possible.Among the abounding online stores,you will get the best handbags and conceivably the best bargains on these handbags at the The internet is the abode to http://www.probirt.com/receive.asp analysis if you are searching for a top superior because you can acquisition a advanced alternative of shoes.There are abounding websites that offers affordable handbags.As far as the looks and finishing is concerned,these watches accord their absolute namesake a run for their money and as far as http://www.calldefender.co.uk advancement time is concerned,you can be blow assured that your

Another alluring superior of by winner at Sat, 11/29/2014 - 01:12
winner's picture

Another alluring superior of http://www.fungionline.org.uk/post.asp accoutrements is the array that you get.There are a ample amount of gucci accoutrements that baby to around any woman of any taste.From archetypal to trendy,from avant-garde to traditional,you can get altered types of accoutrements that best accommodated your personality.Hence,don't be in a bustle to http://www.hepb.org/newsletter/signup.asp buy a accepted bag after accustomed out a bit of seek in the apple of chanel As compared to backpack showrooms,you are acceptable to get greater array in online backpack stores.These food aswell action you best in color,appearance and a lot more.