Plainswalker83's picture
By: Plainswalker83, Marcus Brunstetter
Mar 04 2015 1:00pm
2026 views

Welcome back to more of Developing an Idea. This week I am showing you some video coverage of a 4 color good stuff deck with an Unburial Rites package. I shared a list without red a few weeks ago which can be seen here. Now I will show you the 4 color monster that I threw together.

Now this deck is not entirely where I want it yet but it sure is a lot of fun. It has a lot going on. Here is a brief explanation of the deck.

Now take a look at the deck in action.

I want to apologize if I am too quiet on both of those. I recorded while my daughter was in bed. Also it kinda stinks that I was not able to complete a full match but I think you can get a feel for the deck. I am going to keep working on this possibly adding Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and maybe even getting the other fetches like Verdant Catacombs. I would love to hear your ideas also if you can see my list of decks in my deck tech video let me know what you would like to see in action. If I don't hear back I will continue just picking certain decks that I have been working on.

Feel free to message me on MTGO at any time and see you next time.

That seems like a cool deck. by Joe Fiorini at Wed, 03/04/2015 - 21:09
Joe Fiorini's picture

That seems like a cool deck. I know that your mana base is already stretched at four colors, but a gifts ungiven/unburial rites package would be sweet. it's a gifts alone can grab you four creatures, with two in the graveyard to reanimate. Of course, the combo of grabbing only a rites plus reanimate target to cheat out a fatty seems strong.

I was thinking of a similar deck. Why has nobody built an esper control deck with gifts, unburial rites, liliana, damnation, and like four griselbrand as win conditions? You could always discard GB to liliana's +1 if you drew it. Sounds good to me though.

I looked back at the list, do you think that some sort of mana acceleration is called for? Just a thought. I like the idea a lot.

Thanks Joe by Plainswalker83 at Thu, 03/05/2015 - 12:14
Plainswalker83's picture

I thought about gifts but part of me just wants to keep it to 4 colors. I used to have search for tomorrow in here but after I cut the big Titans and such ramp became less important but I am still thinking about it.

I like to evoke a shreikmaw, by Joe Fiorini at Thu, 03/05/2015 - 16:04
Joe Fiorini's picture

I like to evoke a shreikmaw, then cast a restoration angel on it. so sweet :)

Indeed by Plainswalker83 at Thu, 03/05/2015 - 18:03
Plainswalker83's picture

The Value Resto creates is just insane. I recently just added Elesh Norn as a way to keep opposing creatures down. It is not much better against tokens and aggro.

I have been testing a similar by wolftree at Fri, 03/06/2015 - 07:55
wolftree's picture

I have been testing a similar 4c deck, but as a straight reanimator build with fatties such as titans, Iona, Elesh Norn and Terastodon. It puts more emphasis on the self-milling part by running cards like Faithess Looting and Life from the Loam, letting you go deep on the delve creatures (T2 Gurmag Angler is rather easy to achieve when Faithless Looting acts as a Dark Ritual). There's also a Raven's Crime / Tectonic Edge / Ghost Quarter package that is needed to combat control and tron decks.

It seems to me your build needlessly mashes together two decks (midrange blink value vs. Loam reanimator) that would work better as all-in builds. For example, Grisly Salvage should be Satyr Wayfinder because it can be blinked for value. I also don't think Lingering Souls is impactful enough and doesn't synergize with blinking. Birds of Paradise is a valuable ramp creature that lets you go for that T3 Rites for Elesh Norn or T4 Thragtusk, and helps a lot with the 4c manabase.