mtgotraders's picture
By: mtgotraders, Heath Newton
Apr 03 2011 1:19pm

I'm not really sure how to start this or what to say as I just got a text from Joshua Claytor about 2 hours ago telling me the news that Erik had passed away. I do not know all of the details but the first thing I thought was, man this is the worst april fools joke ever. The reality of it all has now set in and all I can say is it sucks. I know that I will personally miss Erik a lot as we spoke often about personal things going on, work, MTGO, etc. I never had the pleasure of meeting Erik in person but I know a few MTGO players have and all know what a great person Erik was. May God be with his wife and son in this very difficult time.

If you have a story about Erik, thoughts and prayers, etc feel free to post them below.

This is so sad by zahori at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 13:33
zahori's picture

I can't even begin to say how sad this is.
I've known Erik through Magic Online and the forums for a long time, and I feel an incredible sense of loss.

Oh man, Hamtastic was the by QuantumTarantino at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 13:33
QuantumTarantino's picture

Oh man, Hamtastic was the one, and only reason i came here.

This is terrible news, and you will be greatly missed friend

Stunned by Clan Magic Eternal at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 13:37
Clan Magic Eternal's picture

My thoughts are with his family and friends.
I am stunned and shocked right now and will repost when my thoughts are collected. Rest in peace.
Hammer

Erik always had something by Paul Leicht at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 13:57

Erik always had something nice to say to people. He was a positive, giving caring friend to all. He was a leader and yet was always willing to listen. He broke my heart yesterday, even though I didn't know it until today.

My condolences to all his by Calavera at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 14:31
Calavera's picture

My condolences to all his friends and especially his family. He made a difference in this community and will be truly missed.

Sad news by Cantripping at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 15:08
Cantripping's picture

This is so tragic, my heart goes out to Erik's family... You will be missed, sir.

Way too young. May his wife by MMogg at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 17:04
MMogg's picture

Way too young. May his wife and child find the love and support they need to carry on.

.... by Ranth at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 17:12
Ranth's picture

Rest in peace Hammy.

What a loss by Amar at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 18:37
Amar's picture

Erik was one of those people who make the world move, not by position or major happenstance, but by pure effort. Magic wasn't just this thing he turned on and off, it was a community that was significantly enlarged by his work. We're all lessened by this tragedy and I hope his family feels the support of our love and prayers.

While I never had the by MTGO Academy at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 19:03
MTGO Academy's picture

While I never had the pleasure to meet Erik in person, we chatted regularly about everything MTGO; he was a kind and considerate soul and an important part of the MTGO community. Our thoughts and prayers go to his friends and family in these difficult hours.

See you on the other side buddy - God bless.

Plejades and the MTGO Academy family

Never met the dude, but I by MadMagic at Sun, 04/03/2011 - 23:14
MadMagic's picture

Never met the dude, but I always looked forward to his posts. RIP.

This is the first death that by Blaze Krakaros at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 01:41
Blaze Krakaros's picture

This is the first death that has made me cry. I'm 21. The world is darker without Hamtastic.

hammy was a awesome dude, by Salgy at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 02:41
Salgy's picture

hammy was a awesome dude, always willing to take the time to chat with you pretty much about any subject. hope his family will do well and rest in peace hammy

RIP Hammy by Sheppy at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 06:33
Sheppy's picture

May God be with you and your family.

I've just signed in to say thanks by marzial at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 07:02
marzial's picture

Thanks for all, man.

You gave me a lot. I gave nothing to you.

I've read your articles in "lurker mode" for years and I've allways enjoyed them.

I've loved your effort.

I've loved your constance.

I've loved your organization.

I've loved your perseverance.

I've loved your humor. Aaaarrrrrrr!!!

Thanks for all.

Rest in Peace.

Wow, thats terrible. RIP by beach2nd at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 08:48
beach2nd's picture

Wow, thats terrible. RIP Erik and condolences to his friends and family

Sad News, Indeed by Kharmin at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 09:25
Kharmin's picture

Thoughts and prayers go to his family. His presence will be sorely missed.

Goodbye by krisinsane at Mon, 04/04/2011 - 13:37
krisinsane's picture

So sad to hear this, going to take a while for it to sink in. We all lost something, and its going to take a lot to begin to get on with our own lives.

Condolences to the PureMtgo staff and Eriks family