whiffy's picture
By: whiffy, Georgios Efelis
Sep 12 2011 7:22am
4.5

Hey everyone. As I was saying with the close of last week’s article, there is no Classic deck today. I instead battled in Legacy with a list that my buddy and co-host supplied me with. I played in a few 2-mans as general practice and then after waiting through five Daily’s, I actually got in one that fired. Modern, wrecking other eternal formats since day 1. But I digress. The deck tech with Zach is a little echo-y and I apologize. I played and recorded these matches when I was a little under the weather, coupled with the fact that I do not know Legacy nearly as well as Classic, and you get some blank spots in these matches. Nothing too bad, but a few instances of me not talking for a bit. Enjoy the videos guys.

Deck Tech

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

So That's it for this week. I had an ok time slinging Legacy spells, but that could be because I was winning. Classic didn't fire again but I may string together some 2-mans, or possibly try a Modern Daily.  Just as a reminder, Classic Daily's are every Saturday at 12:30 PM EST and Sunday at 6:30 PM EST. Come on out guys!

See ya in seven; have at me in the comments if you wish.

So . . . what's the deal with by MMogg at Mon, 09/12/2011 - 08:30
MMogg's picture

So . . . what's the deal with the Lucindo block? LOL

Actually, although I haven't played Legacy in ages, I still got a kick out of these videos. They seem so darned grindy, though.

It should be noted, that if you subscribe to Whiffy's Youtube channel, you can see the videos ahead of time. =D Hence my comment is faster than the video length.

lucindo is blocked becasue he by Clan Magic Eternal at Mon, 09/12/2011 - 13:09
Clan Magic Eternal's picture

lucindo is blocked becasue he is a poor sport and a cry baby, i listeneted to him complain 1 too many times that i was a luck sack and bad player, when i played legacy more regularly.

Man what a grind these matches were too, ill agree to that. Not sure if its the deck i played, the match ups, or just cause im not familiar with the format.

oops on clan name. this is whiffy.

Legacy? by dangerlinto at Mon, 09/12/2011 - 08:52
dangerlinto's picture

I thought nobody played Legacy any more. Aren't they all much happier playing real dual land prices for faux dual lands and then losing to cloudpost.dec anyway these days?

You should look again after the PT by Ivo at Mon, 09/12/2011 - 11:47
Ivo's picture

The lands that didn't get used went down (particularly compare Underground Sea with Watery Grave). Cloudpost is one of the top decks, not a single top deck.

Regardless, I *would* be much happier playing Modern over Legacy if only the ban list of Modern wasn't so arbitrary. It is not based on power level at all. I'll see soon if they change that.

I still play Legacy! 80) by Raddman at Mon, 09/12/2011 - 17:14
Raddman's picture

I still play Legacy! 80)

Batterskull by Artlee at Tue, 09/13/2011 - 12:11
Artlee's picture

Hey Whiffy

Thanks for the videos. Always appreciated. Just a quick reminder: When you take batterskull to hand and are planning to drop it with Stoneforge, you ALWAYS activate Stoneforge first, keep priority and respond with returning batterskull. It might not be super relevant vs Merfolk, but decks with more removal can respond to batterskull trigger and kill the Stoneforge, and Batterskull remains stuck in your hand.

I saw one misplay that on camera @ SCG Open.. Bummer

This is the subject by Odindusk at Tue, 09/13/2011 - 12:55
Odindusk's picture

"Seems alright"

That's clearly what will be on your epitaph one day. But hopefully not for a long time because I enjoy these daily event vids. Thanks a lot.